Tuesday, July 18, 2017

OMOTOLA JALADE'S HUSBAND, CAPTAIN EKEHINDE REACTS TO HER EXPLICIT SEX SCENES IN NEW MOVIE - "ALTER EGO"



Captain Matthew Ekeinde, husband to popular actress,vOmotola has reacted to her new movie ”Alter Ego” where she acted out some explicit love scenes.



Her husband spoke about it in a recent interview with HipTV
His words -  "Yes,it is a story that matters, about Sexual abuse..something that creates a lot of awareness, it is really happening in our society, people don’t talk about it. I think it is a movie that will make people to start talking about it and let people come out and tell their expediencies,it is not something that is hidden.
She did a great performance, i enjoyed it, very explicit though, the scene where she had Sex with her sister’s husband, from the back..she was shouting harder’ harder, bang bang..i need to go ask her, you never said that to me, #laughter".

Starring in Alter Ego, Omotola takes on a role which sees her acting out sex scenes and now, she also opened up on why she took the script.

In the interview, the actress also talked about her three-year break from the movie scene and what she was up to during that period.

‘I knew I was going to embark on a break so I starred in a few movies, which have not been released,’ Omotola said. ‘I shot ‘Blood on the Lagoon’ with Teco Benson, and another one in London called ‘Amina’, which are yet to be released.

‘I got to that point when I felt like nothing was challenging me anymore and I began to feel like my standard was dropping. I went through that period and I knew I needed to stay away and wait for Nollywood to catch up with some of our ideas.

‘So I starred in movies that I thought could hold forth for me while I concentrate on other things like building my business.

‘Coming back was hard for me because I was aiming for that movie that would challenge. I got a lot of scripts and none of them filled that gap. I could have taken up some of them for the sake of money. But I have gone past that point.’

When asked about her role in Alter Ego and how her husband felt about her portraying the character, she said, ‘Some of the sex scenes in Alter Ego were downplayed because I’m married.’


Omotola added, ‘But I won’t play the sex scenes if it wasn’t necessary to be included in the film. I know by starring in this movie that my fans would either hate me or love me forever.’

The mother of four continued, ‘While shooting the film, I knew I was doing something quite risky. There are several ways to shoot a sex scene tastefully. I’m all for playing a sex scene convincingly and my husband knows this.

‘I tell my husband, ‘You know what darling, you married an actor’; and secondly, he is my biggest fan. ‘I tell him, ‘Do you want me to be great or do you just want me to be good?’ He will say, ‘I want you to be great, sparklingly great’. Then I’ll say, ‘Ehen, we go love o’ and he’s fine with it.’



Omotola also implied she would not be bothered by any criticisms that may come from shooting those raunchy scenes.

‘When I wasn’t even confident, I starred in a movie called a prostitute, which was released 22 years ago. If I didn’t die then, is it now? I’m ready.’

She then goes on to describe how she was able to get past the awkwardness with her co-star, Wale Ojo.

‘I was working with Wale Ojo for the first time, so we had to spend time together and we played very rough. I understand the power of being friends with your love interest in a movie so we became like a couple.

‘We ate together and basically just broke down the walls to make sure we were both comfortable with each other and have each other’s backs and interest at heart. So, it spilled into the movie without you even noticing.’

The movie is out this July

No comments:

Post a Comment