Tuesday, February 26, 2013

"SUSAN 'GOLDIE' HARVEY" - TOUCHING TRIBUTES BY HER HUSBAND, PARENTS, SIBLINGS AND DENRELE EDUN.





Words are just never enough in times like this...
Here are the heart-felt tributes from Goldie's Husband, Father, Stepmother, siblings and Denrele

Leonard Andrew Harvey - Husband

Tribute to my sunshine


Susan, you walked into my life. It was like God sent you as a fresh breath, I still remember your response to my first love message (SMS) ‘Love killed Romeo, sent Diana to an early grave and killed Jack on the Titanic. Forget about love, just have friendship and live long’. Over time, our love grew to a depth I have never known. You were the best years of my life, your smile, your energy, your desire to live in your dreams.

The physical pain of your loss is so hard to bear, but I console myself that you are in the arms of the Lord and with our wonderful memories. I am fortunate that your drive to seek fame has immortalized you in word, song and picture. Not many have this opportunity to keep memories alive.
Nothing sums up my feelings more than ‘Fine’ the song we played together so many times and I still remember being dressed as Father Christmas while you sang live at Silverbird and more recently for TV at our home when you returned from Big Brother. Little did I know what those words would come to mean.

No Autumn, Summer, Spring, just Winters all it brings
As I’m standing at home all alone.
Your pictures brings back memories of how I thought that it could be
But you drifted away without a goodbye
I’m saying hey, hey, hey
I’m doing real fine, fine okay
It’s just that I’m missing you, but I’ll get along anyway
I’m saying hey, hey, hey
I’m doing real fine, fine okay
You took my heart and ran away but I’ll get along anyway.
 No spoken words to me, when love was all I could see
We had good going on now but now am singing this sad song.
I don’t know why you disappeared; I wish that you would reappear
Cos brightness never shows without you here
I’m saying hey, hey, hey
I’m doing real fine, fine okay
It’s just that I’m missing you, but I’ll get along anyway.
I’m saying hey, hey, hey
I’m doing real fine, fine okay
You took my heart and ran away but I’ll get along anyway
I don’t know why you disappeared; I wish that you would appear
Cos brightness never shows without you here.
I’m saying hey, hey, hey
I’m saying real fine, fine okay
It’s just that I’m missing you, but I’ll get along anyway
I’m saying hey, hey, hey
I’m doing real fine, fine okay
You took my heart and ran away but I’ll get along anyway

Adieu my love, farewell and bon voyage until we meet again when I join you in the next life! 
...Lewy

Pastor Samuel Dipo Filani- Father
Oluwabimpe my daughter,
Bimpe Harvey (nee Filani) was my first born, the first evidence of my strength and destiny. She was hardworking, focused, intelligent, and smart and determined to excel. She started relating to celebrities in newspapers and magazines as a teenager. I did not encourage her but she chose her path and I had to succumb. We trained to expose her to the TRUTH- JESUS CHRIST. We were hoping that one day she would be singing for Jesus. Indeed, she has started showing signs of becoming a blessing to the family, but God knows best! Her stepmother made wonderful efforts to help like any biological mother would do. Her husband, Andrew Harvey spoilt her with love and care, we are satisfied that we have all done our best. We all love you and would miss your love and support. Adieu Oluwabimpe Goldie Harvey.
...Daddy


Mrs Filani- Stepmother
Oluwabimpe mi owon,
I cannot but recall the first time I saw you in your dad’s office in 1998. You were a pretty young girl with a smile that reached your eyes and wisdom far beyond your age. Anyone meeting you could not but help love you. Bimpe, you were truly a loving child, smart, brilliant, beautiful. I recall a statement you made in Big Brother House when you didn’t act as other wanted saying ‘I know my dad is watching me’. That for us was evidence of your respect and love for the family even though you could not be perfect. Who is?
I recall also our visit to you and Andrew last year in your home and the many desires you both had for 2013. Alas it was not to be. We just wished things had turned out differently for you and that we had enough time to pray about this illness without it costing you your life. Your life and death is another parable that only the Lord can explain but evidence that we are not in charge of our lives. Only God owns tomorrow. ‘Kabi o osi o’ you are the Alpha and Omega, kabi o si o, kabi o si o”
You will be greatly missed and remembered adieu.
Mum


Toyin Filani – Sister
My Darling Sister
Sis Bimpe, I really don’t know what to say, but this is the greatest shock of my life. Your passing away still looks like a dream to me. I always thought that we all would live long and be happy. That we all will fulfil the purpose for which God has called us into the world to accomplish, I never knew that you will leave so soon. I use to remember those wonderful times when we were still very young. We sang songs together, had a lot of art work together, we played all kinds of games back then… I remember those times when as a big sister, you comforted us when mummy died, till I left for secondary school. Even when we weren’t all that close again, you still did the best you could and supported me and my younger ones. Indeed you did the best you could at a very short period of time….Well, in all God knows best’ he has the final say to our lives. I just want to use this medium to say I love you, may you rest in the bosom of the lord till we meet to path no more! Adieu
...Toyin Filani.


Gideon Filani- Brother 
Big Sis... Like I always called you, it is a painful thing that a lot of things you said you will do, you couldn’t why? Only eternity will tell but till we get to the road that leads to the beyond, let me say that you will be greatly missed. The times we laughed together and the periods we argued with each other …… You were a darling with a heart always seeking to do more!!
We know that we’ll one day meet at the master’s feet and we’ll rejoice forever!!! You have lived your life to that which time could permit and left for that place beyond time… you will be missed big time Sis Bim….. Love you sister….
Gideon Filani


Joshua Filani- Brother                     
Sis Bim,
You came, you saw, you conquered; surely there is no other way to describe her life. Sis you achieved what very few would achieve in a lifetime in a very short life. You impacted the lives of thousands who loved you for it….
You were a blessing when u were alive and you are still a blessing now…. You touched my life in so many ways that I can’t describe, you would be greatly missed and the magnitude of which words cannot express… your name would never be forgotten as long as I am alive. I love you sis, MAY GOD BE WITH YOU.
Your baby Joshua

AND DENRELE'S TOUCHING TRIBUTE
Denrele - Best Friend


My super star friend sways away and I stand watching till she fades on the horizon and someone at my side says “she’s gone”…Gone where?
Gone from my sight, that is all. She is just as gorgeous now as when 
last I saw her.
Her slightly disappearing figure and total loss from my sight 
is in me, not in her.
And just at that moment, when someone at my side says she’s gone, there are others who are watching her coming over their horizon and other voices take up a glad shout – There she comes! That is what dying is – An horizon and just the limit of our sight.

My lifeline, my lexicon, Therapist and support system…we have known lots of pleasure, at times endured pain, we have lived in the sunshine and walked in the rain. I had acute malaria (was shaking terribly) but performed “skibobo” with you at the Industry Night and Loud&Proud show, I sprained my ankle but still shot your three videos in a row in S/A.

I left my family house and moved in with you and your family right after all the Big Brother Africa madness, I did all the damage control….

I fought every organizer simply cos I wanted you on the bill with me and split my show earnings with you, I dragged you to the American Embassy even if it meant I had to get up at 4am. I endured negative criticism because shallow minds couldn’t comprehend your brand essence – I started wearing block heels (you got me the most fabulous pair of Jeffrey Campbells) and I damned the consequences. I recorded the reality show “Tru Friendship” with you because you went on and on about it and I wanted to please you.

I have been your fierce-alter ego in all your videos, I have fought your fights, endured countless eccentric P.As with you…I can go on and on and this is how you leave me? You chose an eternal sleep over a fabulous life with me? Lest I forget, I ate the entire box of birthday chocolates Bola sent to you!

Phew, I can’t type anymore, I’m playing “Good To Me” (always disturbed you to release that song) and my notepad is a misty mass of my never ending tears. So sad when people who give you the best memories, become a memory!

The Goldie I knew, despite your success and worldwide recognition, still wondered, “Am I good enough?” “Am I pretty enough?” “Will they like me?” It was this burden that made you great…And that made you stumble in the end.

Goldie if you can hear me now, you weren’t good, just good enough – You were abso-frigging-lutely GREAT! You sang the whole damn song without a band- you made the picture of a showbiz star look so perfect!

Your parting has left a void, but I will fit it with remembered joy. A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss and oh yes, these things I too will miss. Even though we are separated and for a time apart, I am not alone cos you’re forever in my heart. I will move mountains to continue your legacy, I will crash ceilings to spread your good works, I will break barriers to sell your “market” but above all, I will cherish the awesome times we spent together…You will forever be my source of infinity!

No masterpiece can ever match your face! To everyone reading this piece, let my dear friend rest in peace! Speak no evil about her, she was too good to be true!

I can hear you say to me…Mbirikoko, do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there, I do not sleep, Do not stand at my grave and cry…I am not there, I did not die!

Denrele Edun



And this last tribute will definitely break your hearts....

The Filani twins
Aunty Goldie we miss you. When are you coming to sing and dance for us. Love you

.............................................................

Even the children can't comprehend this great loss but what else can we say but 
REST IN THE BOSOM OF THE LORD, SUSAN OLUWABIMPE HARVEY
...GOD LOVES YOU MORE.

No comments:

Post a Comment